Your writing project starts like all writing projects: with a blank page.
You know what you want to write about: your idea is clear and you’ve even scribbled some notes down to help you get started. But as you settle down in your comfortable writing chair, you feel an avalanche of overwhelm.
Specifically, you’re overwhelmed by how to be a writer: how does one actually write something good?
You spend more time than you’d like to admit recalling grade-school grammer lessons and searching for “smart” words on Thesaurus.com. Your ideas aren’t translating well onto the page, and worse yet, the sentences you do write down don’t sound like you. In all your searching for rules and the right words, you’ve diluted the best tool in your toolbelt: your voice and your POV.
It’s taking too long to start and finish your project, and later, you have no idea how to polish your work. You wish this entire process was easier. You wish you could articulate your thoughts clearly and confidently. You wish you knew how to make your writing better, stronger and more impactful.
You wish you had a guide to help you find your voice and show you how to create your best written work.
I can be that guide for you: I can hel you be an articulate, confident writer, as well as a thoughtful evaluator of your own work.
Just Write Workshop is a one-on-one, four-week engagement with me, where over two Skype sessions of 60-minutes each and a month of workshopping, we’ll tackle your writing project, helping you to complete it from start-to-finish.
When we work together, here’s what you’ll get:
- An four-week work plan for our engagement with clear objectives, homework and deadlines;
- A summary of what we discussed and recommednations after each of our Skype sessions;
- Thorough editorial feedback for every piece of writing you share — be it simple notes or a more complete draft — within two business days;
- A list of resources to support and inspire you as you continue to create and publish your work; and
- Conscientious, timely email support for the duration of our engagement, Monday thru Friday.
Just Write Workshop is perfect for you if:
- You have a clear writing idea or project you want to work on, such as: articles (stand-alone or series); blog post series; regular column; essays (personal or academic); research reports; university application statements; or white-papers.
- You’re a creative entrepreneur, researcher, writer, blogger, student or writing hobbyist interested in improving your writing and editorial skills.
- You’re willing to roll up your sleeves and get down with the muse and pen through fun homework exercises and more focused project work.
- You want to equip yourself with the tools and conditions to make writing a more clear, fun and disciplined process.
- “Practice makes perfect” is one of your favorite mottoes.
Just Write Workshop isn’t for you if:
- You’re looking for someone to write for you, like a copywriter or ghostwriter.
- You need help writing your website or sales copy.
- You aren’t ready to receive feedback and constructive criticism to improve your written work.
- You aren’t a fan of the written word.
Nisha, thank you for helping me “own” my work. I owe my renewed confidence in writing and editing solely to you.Anjali Neelakantan
I have had the opportunity to work with Nisha on a few projects and she is amazing! Specifically, she is able to help you balance creativity and organization. I have a tendency to go crazy with lots of ideas, but Nisha helps me stay focused. Her magically organized and efficient way can [help you] produce something better than what you thought was possible!Sayume Romero
There are two ways to proceed.
If you’re ready to purchase right now…
You have to decide if you’d like to book a one-month Workshop or a three-month Workshop. One-month Workshops are good for you if you’re working on a shorter project and/or if you want to evaluate your needs each month. Three-month Workshops are good for you if you’re working on a longer project and/or if you know you need more focused time on your project.
After you click one of the buttons on this page to book your Just Write Workshop, you’ll be taken to the PayPal purchase page. You can pay for your Workshop using any major debit or credit card, or your personal PayPal account.
Once you make your purchase, you’ll be guided to a confirmation page that has a link to my calendar. You can then book the most convenient date and time for the first Skype session of your Just Write Workshop.
With your session booked, you’ll be directed to a five-minute questionnaire where you’ll answer a few key questions to introduce yourself and what you’d like to focus on during our session.
And lastly, once you submit your answers, you will be asked to email me any work you’ve already done on your writing project.
If you’re interested but still unsure if Just Write Workshop is for you…
Book a free 30-minute conversation with me where we can clarify your needs and goals, and see if Just Write Workshop is a strong fit for you.
This link will take you to my calendar, where you can pick the most convenient date and time for our conversation.
After you schedule your free consult, you’ll be directed to a 10-minute questionnaire where you’ll answer questions to introduce yourself and your work.